Thursday, March 15, 2012

Watercolor Nails for St. Patrick's Day!

Hey guys! Here today with a new technique that I've seen around recently, called watercolor! What is it you ask? It's actually pretty easy, paint your nails a base color and add a top coat, use whatever colors you want for the watercolor and put small drops of paint on your nails and right away use a brush and drop some 100% acetone on them, the color will spread out. I smeared mine around a little bit too, but that's the jist of it :)

So just like a lot of my other St. Patrick's Day manis, I started with a base of white, two coats. Using China Glaze polishes, paper chasing, entourage and papaya punch I did the watercolor. It looked really good before I added the orange, but I was eh about it after, I tried adding a bit more green and it looked okay. I'll try it some other time with spring colors :D One of the girls in PLOP Sarah, from Chalkboard Nails said it looks like camo lol! She has done a few of these too, so check out her blog!

Anyway on with the pics! Oh and yea the boo-boo on my pointer finger? Yea idk how I did it, but I tripped and hit it with a nail on my right hand...yea it hurt :P




So what do you think? Have you tried this before, and if so what colors worked well?

Until next time! Happy painting!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)