Saturday, January 14, 2012

Revlon Whimsical

Hey guys! So a few days ago I went into Kmart hoping I would be able to find Revlon's whimsical, and I found two! Yay for me and the bestie!

Then I get home to look up swatches only to find out it needs a base coat...well crap. I don't own any pastel colored polishes (unless pale pink counts) it's crazy right?! Looks like I need to get in on this new Zoya collection!

So anyway I tried a few polishes I had as bases and just didn't like how it was coming out, I really wanted the blue base of the polish to stay that same color, so by suggestion from the bestie I made a quick franken. I used my 2/3 bottle of Finger Paints paper mache, added 8 drops of China Glaze first mate, 8 drops of China Glaze turned up turquoise and threw in some loose holo glitter and I was done. Too bad the glitter looks good in the bottle but doesn't show on the nail lol.

So anyway I ended up being able to (with the franken) to keep the color of whimsical :D I used two coats of my franken, and 3 coats of whimsical...I'm not going to be able to touch anything for hours, but damn it looks good!



What do you think? I've heard through the blog grapevine that this will be in the core line soon, so if you haven't found it yet you will soon! Keep and eye out at Kmart and Bed Bath & Beyond :)

Until next time, happy painting!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. So I think i'll skip this one because I don't like having having to do a base coat. But it looks pretty though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used china glaze sea spray a underwear for this. Came out lovely! Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)