Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A day early! Pink Wednesday :)

I am so impatient and I love how it turned out so I had to share :D

First off I had to take off my glitter bomb from Monday's challenge from PaA and I used the advice from Chloe's Nails blog who would have known to use foil to help! It worked great!! My hands looked a little like they were trying to transform into robots, but hey that might make life easier! ;)

Here's my robot hands lol



Oh and just so you know this would not have been very easy to do on my own, so I did my left hand and my old man did the right ;) I think he tolerates my polish obsession because he knows it makes me happy ;) Hell he even lets me swatch new colors on his nails :D

So anyway I had kind of planned out what I wanted to do last night, but I decided to change up the base color this time.

I did my base coat, then used Finger Paints Paper Mache, let that dry and added Sinful Colors You Just Wait over it, turns out really pretty. The SC color is a pale pink with a yellow iridescence (did I spell that right? lol) to it, it would be too light on it's own, unless you did a bunch of coats so it worked out great for this project.

So once that was dry I used Finger Paints Watermelon Watercolor, Color Club (unknown) pale pink, Cover Girl nailslicks Very Berry, and Finger Paints Hue Left A Message? for polka dots.

Here's the colors in the order I used them, forgive the PB in the back ground, my old man likes to live in his childhood and eats a pb&j everyday :P



And then we have the inside with flash, outside with natural light, and outside in the sun pictures.





I really like how it turned out, and my favorite color is pink anyway, so I do believe I might leave this on for a few days!

What do you think?

Happy painting :)

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. thanks :) I got my dotting tools last week, and this is the first time I have used them! Much easier than a toothpick lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly this is so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! I just tried out my new dotting tools on Sunday. I think I'm going to become addicted to them real fast. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies! I love polka dots :D My son's room is striped and polka dot themed even lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the foil method! it makes glitter removal so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)