Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration Week, Day 2, Lava Lamp.

Hey guys! It's day 2 of Pinterest inspiration week, and today's post once again came from one of Kayla's boards! This time it's her original art ;)

This is the picture from the pin, and this is her original post with the art. She called it neon drips, but I think it looks like a lava lamp!

I let the old man make the decision on the colors for this, and instead of a white background he thought it would look awesome with a black background. So I used two coats of Wet N Wild Ink Well as my base. He then decided pink and green for the lava, or drips would work.

For those that don't know I'm pink and he's green, it's just one of our things and I even have a pink and green star tattoo on my right wrist because of it ;)

Anyway back on track! Ha! The pink I used it Sinful Colors Folly and the green is Orly Fresh. This design is pretty simple and easy to do, just using a small nail art brush to make the outer lines of the lava itself, then I filled them in with the polish brush.

I think this is a super fun design, and it would be perfect for a 70s themed party!!



What do you guys think?

Until next time! Happy painting!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. It kind of reminds me of a melted ying yang sign I love it xx
    www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Looks just like a lava lamp! I used to have a pink one and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)