Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Water Marble Tutorial


Hey guys! I am re-doing my tutorial page, because I set it up wrong the first time, so I copied and pasted this water marble tutorial that way I'd have a link to link back to it ;)

You will need polish colors of your choice (China Glaze colors work great), a cup (paper or plastic is easy because you can toss it later!) and a wooden stick of some sort (I use a manicure stick)

You can see my post here, done with these colors (the mani I had on in the pictures).


You're then going to put one drop at a time of polish right on top of the water, it should spread out fairly quickly. Repeat with as many layers of the colors you are looking for.



Once you are done with your drops, use your manicure stick to gently make designs in the polish however you see fit.



Now it's time to dip your nails in. Some people like to put scotch tape all around their fingers to be able to clean up easier, putting vasoline all around your fingers works too, then you are able to just wipe it away, or if you don't feel like doing either you can do an extensive clean up like I normally do lol. You will want to have your fingers as flat as possible when putting them against the polish, once they hit the polish, dip your fingers into the water.



While your fingers are still in the water, use the manicure stick to pick up all the surrounding polish still in the water. Try and keep your fingers submerged in the water the whole time.


Once you have cleaned up the rest of the polish from the water pull your fingers out like you were in a dive, but with your hands :P and tada!!! You have your water marble, now you add a top coat, do your clean up and you're ready to go!



What do you guys think? Have you had luck with your water marbles?

Until next time! Happy painting!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Great tutorial!! I feel like water marbles are one of the only nail art things I can do so I always love seeing them =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! ugh, I tried once and it failed. The drops didn't expand like I thought they should. I thought it might be the particular polish I used? But then I saw someone said something about working quickly because the thin layers dry up, and also someone said something about adding nail polish remover to the water for some reason... Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of it seems to be the polish itself, cream finishes seem to work the best for me. If you drop it too far from the top of the water it will sink and sometimes certain polishes just don't spread at all. I've had to play with it quite a bit to find ones that work well for me. I've done 6 now I think? If you use the search you can look through the posts of the polishes I've used to see if you have any of them :) I've never used thinner in the water either btw it just takes patience :) good luck, hope I've helped!

      Delete
  3. I just did a water marble today but the first 4 polishes I tried wouldn't spread and I tried all creams and it worked perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! I love these colors, it's insane!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)