Friday, August 17, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration Week, Day 3, Neon Spun Sugar

Hey guys! Back with day 3! Today's inspiration came from this pin, and the original post is here. I had been wanting to try doing the spun sugar look for a few weeks now but just hadn't found the inspiration to do it, until I saw today's inspiration!

These two colors together are just fabulous! Neon yellow and bright blue! Now being as this was my first attempt at this technique it's not perfect, but I don't think it's horrible either haha! It was super messy, and for some reason the polish globbed (is that a word?) up on my nails quite a bit, but I still had a lot of fun doing them!

I did a base of white to start, followed by two coats of Sinful Colors Neon Melon on all but my ring finger, which is two coats of Sinful Colors Why Not. Then I went about the mess making! There is a good video here if you don't know how it works :)

After all was said and done I finished up with a coat of a matte finish, which is hard to tell because of the light reflecting off of my nails but you get the idea ;)



What do you guys think?

Until next time! Happy painting!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this technique yet but am dying to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Thanks for the video link too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't tried this yet - looks like there's a fair bit of cleanup involved! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)