Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Saran Wrap Sponging

Hey guys! Here today with a new technique I just recently heard about, using saran wrap for a sponge! I know for those of you that haven't heard of it yet think it sounds strange, I know I did. But seeing the effects won me over!

This is one of the easiest nail art techniques I've done, ANYONE can do this and it will turn out great! What I did was start with two coats of Funky Fingers Queen Cupcake, added my top coat, then using Zoya Kimber and China Glaze How About A Tumble I put a few drops of each on my nail art plate, then dabbed the ball of saran wrap into it. I then just dabbed the saran wrap all over each nail until the color was where I wanted it, then used a top coat again and I was done! See? Super simple!

Some people don't use a base color but since I wanted to make sure there would be no bald spots I did use one. Your imagination is the limit here! Play with colors and see what works for you!

For some reason no flash wasn't picking up the dimensions of this all that great so the second two pictures have flash :)





What do you guys think?

Until next time! Happy painting!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I still.can't figure it out mine looks like a hot mess when I do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how subtle it is - it looks like glittery cotton candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! And the two different shades of pink work perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this look - subtle, but something special!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)